Day Opponents Venue League For Against W L D Sun 28 Peasmarsh H N 122 35 4
Day Opponents Venue League For Against W L D Sun 05 Beckley A N 80 30 4 Tue 07 Clive Vale A N 91 51 3 1 Thu 09 Vis Impaired A N cancelled Sat 11 Ninfield H Y 76 46 4 Sun 12 Northiam A Y 49 89 1 3 Wed 15 Hollington H Y 81 53 2 2 Sat 18 Fairlight A N 82 49 4 Sun 19 Staplecross A Y 87 40 4 Wed 22 Winchelsea H N 77 64 3 1 Sat 25 Ham Street A N Sun 26 Hawkhurst H Y 81 62 3 1 Wed 29 Spartan H N cancelled
Day Opponents Venue League For Against W L D Sat 01 Herstmonceux H N Sun 02 Observer H N Wed 05 New Romney A N Sat 08 Spartan A N Sun 09 Vis Impaired H N Mon 10 Frant H N cancelled Wed 12 Peasmarsh A N cancelled Wed 19 Rye A N Sat 22 Clive Vale H N Sun 23 Beckley H N Tue 25 Pett H N Thu 27 Cranbrook A N Sat 29 Staplecross H Y
Day Opponents Venue League For Against W L D Wed 03 Brenchley A N Thu 04 St Leonards H N Mon 08 New Romney H N Sat 13 Battle A Y Sun 14 Winget H N Tue 16 Hastings B C H N Sat 20 Observer A N Sun 21 Guestling A N Wed 24 Brenchley H N Sat 27 Hawkhurst A Y Sun 28 Northiam H Y
Day Opponents Venue League For Against W L D Thu 01 Herstmonceux A N Sat 03 Pett A N Mon 05 Frant A N Wed 07 Hastings B C A N Sat 10 Ninfield A Y Sun 11 Ham Street H N Tue 13 Fairlight H N Thu 15 Hollington A Y Sat 17 Winchelsea A Y Sun 18 Iden H N Wed 21 Battle H Y Fri 23 Gullivers A Y Wed 28 St Leonards A N Fri 30 Rye A N
Day Opponents Venue League For Against W L D Sun 01 Guestling H N Fri 06 Iden A N Mon 09 Gullivers H Y
Updated 09 June
CLUB PLAYED WON DRAWN LOST SHOTS FOR SHOTS AGAINST SHOTS DIFFERENCE POINTS LEAGUE POSITION BATTLE 7 5 2 525 413 112 48 1 WESTFIELD 6 5 1 452 354 98 44 2 HAWKHURST 7 5 2 496 418 78 42 3 NORTHIAM 7 5 2 451 445 6 38 4 WINCHELSEA 6 3 3 422 371 51 34 5 STAPLECROSS 8 2 6 462 568 -106 31 6 HOLLINGTON 6 2 4 359 458 -99 20 7 NINFIELD 5 1 4 276 379 -99 20 8 GULLIVERS 4 4 244 281 -37 11 9
Year Points Games For Against For Against Drawn 2013 3064 3233 87 100 8 2015 2835 2928 74 97 4 2016 3249 3448 99 102 7 2017 3147 2869 111 75 7 2018 3125 2863 105 103 5
ROTHER SUMMER BOWLS LEAGUE
RULES OF THE LEAGUE (amended October 2017)
- The league shall be known as THE ROTHER SUMMER BOWLS LEAGUE consisting of 9 clubs: BATTLE, GULLIVERS, HAWKHURST, HOLLINGTON, NINFIELD, NORTHIAM, STAPLECROSS, WESTFIELD and WINCHELSEA. Other clubs may be admitted to the league subject to application being accepted unanimously.
- A committee comprising of two members of each club plus a Chairman shall conduct management of the league. Voting on any matters raised shall be restricted to Committee members (one vote per club). The Chairman may only vote in the event of a tie.
- The league shall elect a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer, although the offices of Secretary and Treasurer may be combined.
- The league shall hold an Annual General Meeting each year on the 4th Thursday of October, and as many committee meeting as may be considered necessary to run the league efficiently should attend.
- Each Club shall pay league fees of £16 to the league treasurer before the start of each season. The league Treasurer will arrange for £10 of each Club's fee to be remitted to the Club arranging the Final Fling and for the league to retain £6 of each Club's fee. Any changes to the fee to be paid shall be agreed at the AGM.
- Clubs shall compete for the "ROTHER LEAGUE TROPHY" on the basis of one home game and one away game against all the clubs in the league. The winning club will hold the league winners trophy for one year, the runners up will hold the runners up trophy for one year.
- Matches shall be contested over eighteen ends unless the Captains agree to fewer ends because of adverse conditions. If the Captains cannot agree, the home teams Captain's decision will prevail. If a player is unable to continue because of illness or injury, a reserve may be called in to continue the match. In the event that no reserve is available the Captains shall terminate the game on that rink at that point. If curtailed a match or game shall be considered valid if eleven ends have been played. Once a match has started, every effort shall be made to complete 11 ends but if fewer than 11 ends are played on any rink the points on that rink shall be shared.
- If a match cannot take place because of bad weather or green conditions, the Captain of the home team shall contact the opposing Captain by 12pm. Every effort should be made to rearrange the match. If the match cannot be rearranged, the ten points are shared.
- Teams shall consist of four mixed triples with at least 25% Ladies. Team names shall be entered on scorecards by the club Captains. The cards shall be placed face down, then picked up at random to decide the allocation of the rinks and the Captains shall toss a coin to see which team has the jack
- In deciding the winning club the following points system shall be used:
- Two points for each winning rink, plus two points for an overall win — a maximum of ten points
- Points shall be shared for cancelled matches and tied rinks or matches
- All ten points to be conceded if a Club is unable to field a team and the match cannot be rearranged by mutual consent
- Should a club not field at least 3 ladies in a match, they forfeit two points.
- In the event of two or more clubs finishing the season with the same number of points, the difference in shots for and against throughout the season shall decide the winning club. Should this also be equal, the trophy shall be held for six months by each club.
- Following each match, the home club should complete the match result sheet, which should then be signed by both Captains and retained by the home club. The home Captain should advise the league Secretary of the match result as soon as possible by phone, text, email or post.
- Under no circumstance shall a player compete for more than one Rother League Club in any one season and a player must have been a member of that club for at least one month.
- If a team is a player short, a substitute may be borrowed from the opposing club and the points for that rink shall be awarded to the opposing team. Those points are counted when deciding the overall match points, but the number of shots on that rink are not be included.
- Any dispute between clubs shall be referred to the Secretary for discussion and decision by the committee as soon as practicable.
- The Final Fling will be played on Saturday or Sunday at the end of September to fit in with the club hosting the event. Each club shall provide a mixed rink of four. The dress will be whites for players and of officers. The hosting club will decide the rules for the event.
- Any Rother Summer Bowls League rules can only be altered by the committee by a majority vote at the league AGM. Proposed changes to rules must be submitted to the league Secretary at least 21 days before the AGM and circulated to all committee members at 14 days before the meeting.
Updated 16 October 2017